Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 2010 19:10:05 GMT
From:      Thomas Sandford <freebsduser@paradisegreen.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/148928: [ipfw] Problem with loading of ipfw NAT rules during system startup

The following reply was made to PR kern/148928; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thomas Sandford <freebsduser@paradisegreen.co.uk>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, fmyoen@gmail.com
Subject: Re: kern/148928: [ipfw] Problem with loading of ipfw NAT rules during
 system startup
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 19:24:39 +0100

 The problem seems to be that ipdivert.ko is not loaded prior to the
 /etc/rc.d/ipfw script being run.

 /etc/rc.d/natd _does_ load this module so restarting the firewall after
 boot sequence is complete works.

 I've fixed this on my own system by adding
 === cut here 8<===
          if checkyesno natd_enable; then
                  required_modules="$required_modules ipdivert"
          fi
 === cut here 8<===
 at the end of the ipfw_prestart() function in /etc/rc.d/ipfw

 This appears to be a regression between the "out of the box" states for
 8.0-RELEASE and 8.1-RELEASE.