Date:      Sun, 8 May 2011 08:39:09 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pls review: dummy handlers for linux wlan ioctls

On Sat, 07 May 2011 12:48:46 +0300 Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> The purpose of this code is just to reduce amount of noise produced
> when some software uses those ioctls (e.g. newer Skype).  All ioctls
> return ENOTSUP.

Not a review, just a question: Do we want to decide that we will not
implement those ioctl's in the linuxulator?

If the answer is yes, I'm OK with a patch like yours going in. If the
answer is no, I object to such a patch, as it would hide the missing
functionality.

If you want to shut up an application regarding this, I suggest to
write a wrapper-ioctl which is then used with LD_PRELOAD, if you provide
the source and makefile, I'm willing to compile it in my F10 VM for
you.

Out of curiosity: what is skype doing with direct wlan calls?

Bye,
Alexander.