Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2011 00:27:15 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SiI 3132 goes crazy and marks both disks as "Reserved" after each reboot

Hello, Freebsd-hardware.

 I've added SiI 3132-based controller with two SATA disks to system,
and almost lost my sanity: "gstripe" configuration becomes lost after
each reboot. After some investigation, I found, that after each reboot
last sector of disk contains SiI meta-information instead of
GEOM:STRIPE one.

 SiI RAID uitility shows disks as "Reserved disks," but refuse to
delete RAID volume, as here is no one.

 How to reset this state? And where SiI controller store information
(additional to last sector)?

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>