Date:      Mon, 1 Aug 2011 20:41:53 +0400
From:      Dmitry Kolosov <onyx@z-up.ru>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Laptops & FreeBSD

=F7 =D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=C9 =CF=D4 25 =C9=C0=CC=D1 2011 13:46:30 =C1=D7=
=D4=CF=D2 Shaun Reiger =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC:
> Hi
>=20
> I'm looking at purchasing a new laptop and I'm wondering which
> brand/model is recommended to run FreeBSD. I would hope to have a fully
> functioning unit with few device driver issues if possible.
>=20
> I do realize that new hardware and FreeBSD are usually and issue, but if
> 90% work and the rest comes later that would be great.
>=20
> Any guidance on this would be great.
>=20
> Cheers,
>=20
> Shaun

I have Lenovo Ideapad y550p and no problems at all. Previously, i have HP=20
Pavilion dv6800 series laptop, but, like many many other HP laptops - it ha=
s=20
very unsufficient cooling system and becomes very HOT, for 1 year of usage =
i=20
replaced a battery (damaged by heat) and hdd (lowest temp was about 55C all=
=20
the time). I will not recommend you HP laptops. Lenovo is pretty cold, quie=
t=20
and fast.