Date:      Sat, 01 Jan 2011 09:21:36 +0100
From:      John Marino <freebsdml@marino.st>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD64 version of GNAT Ada compiler broken due to libthr
References:  <4D1DC299.2090808@marino.st> <20101231122225.GK90883@deviant.kiev.zoral.com.ua> <4D1DCE02.3050601@marino.st> <20101231125215.GL90883@deviant.kiev.zoral.com.ua> <4D1DD5CF.5020305@marino.st> <20101231132706.GN90883@deviant.kiev.zoral.com.ua> <4D1DDC99.7000400@marino.st> <20101231134418.GO90883@deviant.kiev.zoral.com.ua> <4D1E30EA.7050308@marino.st> <20101231194619.GS90883@deviant.kiev.zoral.com.ua> <4D1E3AE8.8090907@marino.st> <Pine.GSO.4.64.1012311604510.16376@sea.ntplx.net>

Hi Daniel,
First, thanks for the offer.  I might come back to you on that.
Secondly, I should have mentioned that the majority of my patches are
GNAT specific, and very few are like this one which might apply to all
FreeBSD/GCC users.

I have already created 7 new FreeBSD ports that include this "GNAT AUX",
the GNAT Programming Studio, and the Ada Web Server.  I will work with
the FreeBSD ports people shortly to get these ports into the tree, and
also to prune some of the previous GNAT ports, such as gnat-gcc44.  If I
recall, your port was GNAT GPL, which is a different beast.

Anyway, the FreeBSD/Ada users will have the benefit of my work shortly.
So maybe we should only focus on non-Ada patches.  I don't have very
many on those, and the majority are on other BSD systems, not FreeBSD.

John