Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2012 15:02:00 -0500
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.org>
To:        "Marat N.Afanasyev" <amarat@ksu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: seamonkey from branches/experimental fails to install

"Marat N.Afanasyev" <amarat@ksu.ru> writes:

> yes, using libeven14 seems to fix the problem, but changing it in
> bsd.gecko.mk was not enough, I had to pkg_delete libevent2\* before
> building seamonkey.

It's still unclear what's the difference in your environment. libevent2
also works fine on at least Arch Linux and PkgSrc[1]. So, try binary search.

>>> Build environment issues can be narrowed down by using prebuilt
>>> packages, prebuilt base/kernel, default settings, setting up the system
>>> from scratch, testing under VM (with hwaccel, then without), etc.

I can only help debug an issue that I can reproduce either on my box or
redports.

[1] actually, there is no libevent14 in pkgsrc while Arch has it only in
    unofficial repo (AUR); other distros seem to prefer vendor defaults
    (bundled deps)