Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:13:57 +0900
From:      Stephane LAPIE <stephane.lapie@darkbsd.org>
To:        ruby@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   redmine 1.3.0 / ruby gems 1.6.2

--------------enigEF6D041129FC9BCB6B0D7359

Hello,

I would like to consult/contribute about the ports for Redmine and Ruby
Gems.

I am fully aware of the problems surrounding Gems version >1.6.2 and
Redmine (which became broken because of this), but I have a need to keep
on using Redmine in my environment, and have no constraints in keeping
on using older versions of Gems (I can always isolate Redmine in a
FreeBSD jail, and avoid impacting the global system).

Therefore, I developped my own port for Redmine 1.3 and Ruby Gems 1.6.2,
and made it available here :
- http://www.yomi.darkbsd.org/~darksoul/redmine/FreeBSD/
-
http://www.yomi.darkbsd.org/~darksoul/redmine/FreeBSD/ports-redmine-rubyg=
ems.tar.gz

This is basically something I can untar in an existing /usr/ports for my
purposes, but this is as one can guess, kind of suboptimal, and it would
be better for everyone, if it could be integrated in the global ports tre=
e.

So I have the following questions :
- Are there any plans for supporting older versions of Gems in the ports?=

- If so, could we have several versions of gems and dependencies
registered in the software ? (For instance, redmine would install ruby
gems 1.6.2 if none was installed, but become BROKEN if a superior
version was installed)

-
http://www.yomi.darkbsd.org/~darksoul/redmine/FreeBSD/ports-redmine-ldap-=
sync.tar.gz

I also ported the LDAP Sync plugin, which is extremely useful used in
conjunction with the HTTP Auth plugin and apache's mod_auth_kerb.

I also plan on creating ports for other Redmine plugins in the near
future, so I would like to inquire about the proper policy for porting
plugins. So far, I stuck to what had been done for the redmine-http_auth
plug-in.

If there is a problem due to a lack of time maintaining the concerned
ports, I am willing to provide my time and help.

Thanks again for your time,
--=20
Stephane LAPIE, EPITA SRS, Promo 2005
"Even when they have digital readouts, I can't understand them."
--MegaTokyo