Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:22:08 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Ladan?= <r.c.ladan@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   geolocation (was: Re: chromium v25.0.1364.97 problems)

On 02-03-2013 14:42, J.R. Oldroyd wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:11:00 -0500 (EST) "Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng." <lkchen@ksu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Also Currently seems to no longer be able to figure out my location anymore.
>>
>> Anybody else seeing this?
>>

> Yes.
>
> I took a look at the wifi geolocation code, and it is still there and
> looks like it's still compiling in.  So this must be another example
> of some other C++ class masking out the FreeBSD wifi provider class.

It is still compiling in.

> You can run with "chrome -v 1" from the console and go to any geoloc
> web page.  If it's working, you'll see messages showing the wifi
> access points it is using to determine your location.  But it is not
> showing those messages, which means that the FreeBSD wifi class is
> not being executed.

I think the correct syntax is "chrome --v=1" (google for "chromium
vlog") but VLOG() seems broken. If you replace the VLOG(1) in
wifi_data_provider_freebsd.cc by a LOG(ERROR) you will see a list of
access points on the console.

So a list is retrieved but somehow not processed correctly.

Rene