Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2013 00:46:15 +0100
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   sun.nio.ch.DefaultAsynchronousChannelProvider throws "platform not recognized", is it not implemented?

Hi

I cannot start tomcat 7.0.47 on FreeBSD with openjdk7. Here's a simple =
isolated example. It seems to me that it is just not implemented? Any =
ideas if there is anything we can do to work around this problem or =
perhaps fix it?

$ cat Foo.java
import java.nio.channels.AsynchronousServerSocketChannel;

class Foo {
        AsynchronousServerSocketChannel.open();
    }
}

$ javac Foo.java
$ java Foo
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: platform not =
recognized
	at =
sun.nio.ch.DefaultAsynchronousChannelProvider.create(DefaultAsynchronousCh=
annelProvider.java:55)
	at =
java.nio.channels.spi.AsynchronousChannelProvider$ProviderHolder$1.run(Asy=
nchronousChannelProvider.java:88)
	at =
java.nio.channels.spi.AsynchronousChannelProvider$ProviderHolder$1.run(Asy=
nchronousChannelProvider.java:79)
	at =
java.nio.channels.spi.AsynchronousChannelProvider$ProviderHolder.load(Asyn=
chronousChannelProvider.java:78)
	at =
java.nio.channels.spi.AsynchronousChannelProvider$ProviderHolder.<clinit>(=
AsynchronousChannelProvider.java:75)
	at =
java.nio.channels.spi.AsynchronousChannelProvider.provider(AsynchronousCha=
nnelProvider.java:166)
	at =
java.nio.channels.AsynchronousServerSocketChannel.open(AsynchronousServerS=
ocketChannel.java:138)
	at =
java.nio.channels.AsynchronousServerSocketChannel.open(AsynchronousServerS=
ocketChannel.java:161)
	at Foo.main(Foo.java:5)

$ java -version
openjdk version "1.7.0_25"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_25-b15)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.21-b01, mixed mod=