Date:      Mon, 13 May 2013 09:31:48 +0200
From:      Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
To:        pkg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can I avoid the display of pkg-messages in portmaster?

I post this to suggest a feature/switch in portmaster, where the display
of pkg-messages can be chosen.

This was posted on freebsd-questions yesterday

I do some work on remote machines and sometimes I have a need to execute
additional commands after for example a portmaster -a command.

Normally I use the "&&" to separate commands but this does not work when
portmaster displays pkg-messages.

I cannot see in the portmaster manpage that there's a possibility to
make the choice on displaying pkg-messages.

Maybe a suggestion to further enhance portmaster in the future.

To work around this I was thinking of maybe making a script that ran

portmaster -a then a command to "press space" until one is sure that all
messages has been displayed.

On this I could need some help. My scripting skills are not that good.

Thanks

/Leslie