Date:      Thu, 02 Jan 2014 15:46:49 +0100
From:      krichy@cflinux.hu
To:        apache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Fwd: Re: apr / freebsd

Dear apache maintainers,

I've found an issue with mod_fcgid on FreeBSD 9. I had /tmp cleaning
enabled in my box, and mod_fcgid had chosen a lockfile under /tmp, which
after some time was removed,
and the whole httpd process stopped working from that time. I made some
tests, and found that SYSV serialization could also be used, does not
need a temp file, and avoids this issue.

Now I worked around with my local /etc/make.conf as this:

# devel/apr1
.if ${.CURDIR:M*ports/devel/apr1}
CONFIGURE_ENV+= apr_lock_method="USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE"
.endif

But maybe this could be applied to the port globally. Or any other
workarounds?

Regards,