Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2014 19:03:04 -0300
From:      "rollingbits (Lucas)" <rollingbits@gmail.com>
To:        linimon@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        cebd@gmail.com, freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/187437: Compilation cc

Hi.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 04:22:53AM +0000, linimon@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: Compilation cc
>=20
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: linimon
> State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 11 04:22:05 UTC 2014
> State-Changed-Why:=20
> incomplete problem report from an invalid email address.

A miscalculation is kite serious bug but also easy to find and fix. My
tendency is think that any kind of bug like this one will be promptly
found and fixed. But this bad handling of bugs is surely a very
alarming issue: a bug report must be closed only after it's fixed.

BTW, the report is very self-explanatory. I see this still happening
in the Clang of my 9.3p1 machines and this isn't related to the old
Pentium III float bug (different CPU types with same result). Even
worse is the fact that I couldn't find the bug report by visiting the
URI below. The report was closed in March and today is September.

> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-i386->linimon
> Responsible-Changed-By: linimon
> Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Mar 11 04:22:05 UTC 2014
> Responsible-Changed-Why:=20
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D187437

The very serious issue here is that my FreeBSD systems are becoming
buggy, unstable and SLOWER. WHY? Because "crazy" peoples closes bugs
without fix them. Because peoples redefines the ports subsystem as A
FRAMEWORK and so on. My processing power remains (as always it must
be) fixed and doesn't grows as my hair does. Also, not even as a bug
does. My computers are going to live 50+ more years and I see no
reason to stop using them as typewriters.

One could think that better algorithms are been implemented, that the
tasks are going to be completed in less steps because the advances in
Mathematics are been implemented. That new, better ideas are replacing
the old ones. But a slower compiler set as Clang + LLVM substituted
the GCC in Current, the freebsd-update command is written in SH, a
crazy ridiculous ZFS subsystem can replaces UFS... I read (someone
wrote) that Clang will be ALWAYS slower than GCC which I think is a
overkill solution already: FreeBSD comes with source code! A set of
sources of random interaction of the size of our group is able to
develop better solutions than we because nobody are been paid to share
their developments here. Obviously, FreeBSD Foundation pays some
developers to work on FreeBSD but solutions are going to be found
anyway, right?  No stress: I'm not working (nor you others).

Lc

--=20
rollingbits -- rollingbits@gmail.com, rollingbits@terra.com.br
lucasnm@ig.com.br, rollingbits@yahoo.com, rollingbits@globo.com