Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2014 03:45:45 +0000
From:      Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ruby@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Adding Ruby 2.1 to ports

Hi All,

I have a preliminary patch to add Ruby 2.1 to ports. It's attached and
available here:

http://meatwad.mouf.net/~swills/ruby21_patch.txt

in case the mailing list strips it.

It requires svn copying the existing ruby 2.0 port and then deleting some files
afterward, so applying it should look something like this:

cd /tmp
fetch http://meatwad.mouf.net/~swills/ruby21_patch.txt
cd /usr/ports
svn up
cd /usr/ports/lang
svn cp -r ruby20 ruby21
cd /usr/ports
svn patch /tmp/ruby21_patch.txt
svn rm files/patch-lib__rdoc__ruby_lex.rb
svn rm files/patch-mkmf.rb
cd /usr/ports/lang/ruby21
make install

I would appreciate any testing anyone could do. I've been doing some testing
and so far it seems fine. It builds fine, but sometimes fails, I think it might
not be MAKE_JOBS_SAFE so I'm going to test that a bit more. Then barring any
show stoppers, probably go ahead and add it to ports Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks,
Steve