Date:      Sun, 27 Mar 2016 00:55:43 +0300
From:      Michael Zhilin <mizhka@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   LZMA or ZIP uncompress BSD code

Hi,

I'm looking for ready-to-use BSD-licensed code to uncompress bytes (lzma or
zip) by custom MIPS "bootloader" (
https://github.com/Cka3o4Huk/freebsd-wifi-build/blob/asusrtn16/programs/mktrxfw/trxloader.c#L20
).

Could you please advice me any of it?

Background:

I'm playing with FreeBSD-based firmware for few Asus WiFi router based on
Broadcom MIPS processors and CFE bootloader. At boot, CFE unzips first 64K
of firmware (second bootloader) and second bootloader is responsible to
load kernel from flash and run it. So my goal is to write second bootloader
to load kernel.

As I mentioned I have few routers with different flashes. For instance,
Asus RT-N16 has a lot of flash memory (32MB), so I don't need implement
kernel compression. Firmware works fine on it. Other routers has only 8MB
(for example, Asus RT-N53), but it's not enough for raw kernel + compressed
rootfs. I'm not expert in zip/lzma internals. That's why I'm looking for
ready BSD code to unpack kernel.

Thank you in advance,
   Michael