Date:      Mon, 8 Aug 2016 15:54:44 +0300
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <heikki@suonsivu.net>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   MT7688AN vs QCA4531

I have been comparing MT7688(AN) and QCA4531 for a project.

For MT7688 it seems that WLAN support is not yet done?  Older drivers
for Ralink chipsets weren's as good as what atheros drivers generally
are, has there been any progress?

For QCA4531, I could not find any references on FreeBSD running on it,
though it is continuation of earlier Atheros WLAN chipsets, it might be
relatively easy to get up and running?

Both are roughly in same price and capability range.  Any other chips I
should look at?

Heikki Suonsivu