Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:52:32 +0300
From:      atar <atar.yosef@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-pf@freebsd.org" <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Filter connections based on the hostname.

Hi there,

In the pf.conf man page, it is stated that it's possible to write inside a r=
ule a hostname instead of an IP address and the resolver will take care of c=
onverting the hostname into its IP address when the pf process loads its con=
figuration file.

The problem arises when a particular hostname have many ip addresses like in=
 the case of "google.com", "gmail.com" etc, and the ip address that "google.=
com" - for instance - is now (at the time that the user navigate his Interne=
t browser to "google.com") resolved to isn't in the list of the ip addresses=
 that the resolver has putted in the rule when the pf configuration file has=
 been loaded.

Now assuming that I have created a rule that is looked something like this:

'block from any to "google.con"'

The hostname "google.com" isn't blocked since its current ip differs from it=
s previous ip when pf has loaded the rule, what can I do in order to be able=
 to block such sites (with many ip addresses)?

Regards,=20

Atar.=