Date:      Sat, 13 Aug 2016 17:39:14 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <doug@mail.sermon-archive.info>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Non working NIC

> On 13 August 2016, at 15:45, Doug Hardie <doug@sermon-archive.info> =
wrote:
>=20
> I just upgraded an older PC to 11.0-RC1.  Everything went fine except =
the msk0 device is not found.  Neither is lo0.  Its as if networks never =
got started.  However, running netif start does nothing.  msk0 is found =
in the hardware during boot and it appears to get all the proper values.

Some more information.  I finally found a keyboard with scroll lock.  =
The output shows

Starting Network: msk0
Starting Network: lo0

Right after that is:
route: writing to network socket: network is unreachable

It appears that the network doesn't start, but is not logging an error.  =
The rc.conf file is the same one used in 9.x which worked.  I did try =
converting from fixed IP to DHCP, but that made no difference.  msk =
modules are in the kernel.