Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2017 19:43:32 -0600
From:      Eric Badger <eric@badgerio.us>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   procfs ctl interface

I started working on a change that will perturb procfs' ctl interface to
some degree. In looking closer at procfs, it seems like it has been
pretty well broken for use as a debugging interface since at least 9.3
(the oldest system I have handy). Is there any reason to maintain this
interface at all? If anything, it should perhaps be made into an
alternate front end for ptrace() rather than being entirely separate,
but I'm not sure I see the value in that.

Thanks for any thoughts/opinions.

Eric