Date:      Sat, 03 Jun 2017 17:07:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jeffrey Bouquet" <jbtakk@iherebuywisely.com>
To:        "Allan Jude" <allanjude@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-current" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: undefined symbol 'stat'

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 19:32:02 -0400, Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 2017-06-03 19:28, Jeffrey Bouquet wrote:
> >   The latest pkg updates broke firefox here, which won't build  [ patch=
es fail to apply ]
> >   Also seamonkey, but building sqlite3 locally fixed that.
> >=20=20=20
> >   [ not that I'd expect firefox to build anyway, not been that lucky re=
cently... ]=20
> >=20
> >   Web search turns up no 'undefined symbol stat' on 12.0-CURRENT that I=
 can find.
> >=20
> >   Subject give the entirety of the error.=20
> >   Building webkit-gtk2 locally as of now to try to fix it in a third ro=
und of ports. ...=20
rg"
> >=20
>=20
> The ino64 change that went into -current recently changed a lot of stuff
> related to stat(), and versioned the symbol. You are trying to run apps
> compiled for a newer version of -current than you are running. You need
> to update your kernel and userland to patch what pkg is built against.
>=20
> --=20
> Allan Jude

Thanks.  I'm getting around to it, unfortunately too slowly.  Not a half ho=
ur after the
email, I have the v11 firefox package running happily.  webkit-gtk2 also bu=
ilt here.
So no immediate concern, browser or other GUI [ claws-mail ] at least that =
I use
daily.  [  pkg.freebsd.org seems way undermentioned in the wiki, and elsewh=
ere...  BTW ]=20

=20=20=