Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2017 11:58:54 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   nanobsd 11.0-RELEASE serial console speed

Hi,

I'm using nanobsd for some time now. I'm using my custom config to build
the images, which has the following statement:

CONF_WORLD='
MODULES_OVERRIDE=if_vlan if_bridge if_gif if_gre if_tun bridgestp
netgraph rc4 \
libalias dtrace opensolaris
BOOT_COMCONSOLE_SPEED=38400
'

38400 is here because the alix board I'm using nanobsd with has the
38400 speed of it's BIOS POST screen, so I just match the nanobsd
console speed with it. It works perfectly with nanobsd 10.x tree, but
from 11.0 nanobsd for some reason ignores this setting, and as soon the
kernel starts to boot (after the boot manager screen), the speed changes
to 115200.

Can someone please explain me whya and what do I need to add into the
config to save the old 38400 behaviour ?

Thanks.