Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:28:33 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   freebsd on Intel s5000pal - kernel reboots the system

Hi,

I need to install FreBSD on an Intel system with s5000pal mainboard. The
problem is, that on the kernel loading stage, FreeBSD reboots the
server. Like, always and silently, without trapping. I have plugged out
all of the discrete PCI controllers, leaving only onboard ones. Still
reboots. I was suspecting this is some kind of hardware problem, so I
ran the memtest (no errors for two hours) and I've even switched the
server (I have two identical ones). New server reboots too. So, looks
like it's some kind of FreeBSD issue. I've updated the BIOS on both,
tried to boot without ACPI - and this doesn't help (and without ACPI
FreeBSD refuses to even start to load kernel).

So I'll really appreciate any ideas on how to solve this. I tried to
boot CentOS - it boots just fine. I've alsp tried to play with various
BIOS settings, but this makes no difference at all. From what I see
FreeBSD reboots the server during the PCI initialization.

Thanks.

Eugene.