Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2018 18:09:37 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <eugene@zhegan.in>
To:        dtrace@freebsd.org
Subject:   iotop for iSCSI or zfs datasets

Hello,

I have several iSCSI SAN systems running FreeBSD, and I need a tool to
quickly determine which target/targets (and thus which initiator) are
consuming most of iops. I can see that there are cfiscsi/iscsi probes in
the FDT provider, and lots of zfs probes. Since my targets are using
zvols as backends, both types will fir. I have some basic skills with
dtrace, but in this case I totally lack documentation, so could you
please point me to a direction (I'm not quite good at reading sources,
but if that's the only way - you could point me to a specific part of
the FreeBSD source tree I guess) to find the answer to a question "where
can I find which probes/functions can I use to gather this data,
including the argument list/types for them?"

I was made aware that there's a ctlstat(8) utility, but it's not handy
when it comes to hundreds of LUNs.

I also can see the iotop in the context of network data transferred
using trafshow, but this doesn't scale well to iops, and I would see
reads/writes per second in terms that block devices use.

Thanks.

Eugene.