Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2018 18:59:51 -0600
From:      Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
To:        soralx@cydem.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [bug] fsck refuses to repair damaged UFS using backup superblock

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 11:30:00PM -0800, soralx@cydem.org wrote:

> Ben,
>
> > >  Since send-pr(1) is now gone, I guess the next option is to send a
> > >  message directly to the developers...
> > I'm not sure where one would get that impression, given that
> > https://www.freebsd.org/support/bugreports.html links to
> > https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi .
>
> I have tried the web-based bugzilla, but was greeted with
> a log-in page when I went to the bug report address & no
> form to report bugs.

I quote from the first linked page:

% An account will need to be created before a bug can be submitted. Please
% note that messages sent to a mailing list are not tracked as official
% problem reports, and may get lost in the noise!

The system is behaving as expected.  The old system (that allowed
unauthenticated bug submission) was a spam magnet, and I'm given to
understand that dealing with that spam inflow essentially causes burnout
for all humans subjected to it.

-Ben