Date:      Sun, 20 May 2018 12:49:00 +0100
From:      tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftpd in base

Hi,

context: 11.2-BETA2 #0 r333924/amd64

I'm trying to get chrooted ftpd (in base) to write files uploaded to the
user dir as mode 666 (umask 111). I have a line in inetd.conf that looks
like this:

ftp stream tcp nowait  root /usr/libexec/ftpd ftpd -l -u 111

The user logs in OK and uploads OK but the perms are always 644. There
is no login.conf overriding this. The users shell is /usr/sbin/nologin
as these are ftp-only accounts. This exact config works fine on linux
(specifically ubuntu)

Why is ftpd ignoring -u ? How can I fix?

thanks,