Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2019 07:46:06 +0000
From:      Gary Renes <gary.renes@gmail.com>
To:        Theron <theron.tarigo@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MacPro 3,1 (2008) suspend hangs

Thanks for the reply.

> Automatic sleep is something I always turn off on other OS I am =
sometimes forced to use, but on FreeBSD I've never seen it in the first =
place, and I'm not aware of anything in the base system that would do =
this - in fact, it would be a major problem if there were such a thing, =
for reasons which should be obvious.  Do you have something other than =
the base system installed?

It was late when I wrote my email last night and realised once I=E2=80=99d=
 gone to bed that the last part about automatically going to sleep may =
be confusing. I=E2=80=99m dealing with a few issues on the system, and =
I=E2=80=99ve accidentally wrapped two of them up in to one email. =
Apologies!

> If by sleeping automatically you mean only when the lid is closed, =
then try checking in /etc/devd/, but I'm not sure that will be it, since =
when I installed my system there wasn't anything lid-related turned on =
by default.  Make sure also that sysctl hw.acpi.lid_switch_state is =
NONE.

The bit about automatically sleeping is when the machine is running X - =
the monitors go off and won=E2=80=99t come back on without restarting X. =
=46rom what I=E2=80=99ve read this is an X / Nvidia driver issue so =
please ignore this part of my email.

Apologies again for the confusion. Just to clarify, it=E2=80=99s a =
desktop machine with no lid to close, and it doesn=E2=80=99t =
automatically sleep via ACPI, it just hangs when trying to suspend.

Regards,
Gary.