Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:18:17 -0300
From:      FreeBSD Core Team Secretary <core-secretary@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD-Announce] Interim support guarantee for FreeBSD 12

--=-=-=

Dear FreeBSD community,

In November, the FreeBSD Core Team announced that it was considering
changes to the support policy for the stable/12 branch.  After
discussions with different affected parties, it was determined that more
time is required for the community to adjust.  Thus, no major changes
will occur to the stable/12 branch; it will receive the same support as
stable/11 [1].  Any major support model changes [2] will apply to
stable/13 at the earliest, and those changes will be announced before
13.0-RELEASE.

FreeBSD Core Team

[1] https://www.freebsd.org/security/#model

[2] We are also considering updates to architecture tiers for
    stable/13. Any changes will be based on available usage data, survey
    results, and community discussions.

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--