Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2019 10:30:11 -0800
From:      "K. Macy" <kmacy@freebsd.org>
To:        "Yogi M. Schneider" <yogimac@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mit Power 9 Prozessor

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 03:45 Yogi M. Schneider <yogimac@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> hat schon jemand FreeBSD auf einer IBM LC921 oder LC922  mit 2x Power 9
> Prozessoren ausprobiert.

I don=E2=80=99t think anyone has tried the LC921/LC922. At least by the sta=
ndards
of tier 2 - the POWER9 processor is well supported. It is the first Power
processor on which FreeBSD has supported superpages, NUMA, and drm-next
graphics. There are at least a half dozen users using Talos systems from
Raptor Computing. I personally have a 2x22 (4-way SMT - 176 threads) Sforza
system with 512G that works fine for me.

> W=C3=A4re Super wenn mir jemand hier=C3=BCber Bescheid geben k=C3=B6nnte,=
 habe im Netz
> nichts gefunden.

There is an IRC channel where it=E2=80=99s discussed and it=E2=80=99s been =
mentioned in
quarterly updates. The developers are all in the US or Brazil so passing
specific inquiries through Google translate might serve you best.

> Thx, viele Gr=C3=BC=C3=9Fe

Cheers.
-M