Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2019 17:04:20 +0000
From:      Mark Raynsford <list+org.freebsd.virtualization@io7m.com>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   bhyve: Detecting that a guest kernel has booted

--Sig_/xfmX_SEqiC4xTlJL4YLkLBj

Hello!

Leaving aside userland monitoring tools such as Prometheus[0], is there
any way to detect on the host that a guest kernel running in bhyve has
booted? I'm assuming "booted" in this sense to mean "PID 1 has probably
started". I'm guessing that there probably isn't, but I thought I'd
better ask anyway. "Not booted" would mean something like "Is sitting
at the Grub prompt doing nothing".

[0] https://prometheus.io/

--=20
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com