Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 2020 15:23:18 -0700
From:      Chris <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   what 3rd party boot mgr is required to boot multiple freebsd versions?

I'm attempting to boot multiple versions of FreeBSD=2E
I started with an install of older 11 with a (u)efi
boot partition installed=2E I then grabbed an current 11
usbstick, and installed that=2E Which stated it needed to
install a (u)efi boot partition=2E I let it do it=2E But the
new (additional) install doesn't show up at boot=2E Altho
my UEFI BIOS sees it=2E
I guess there are just too many uefi bios versions,
and too many changes in the FreeBSD uefi boot code
to expect consistent results over the long haul=2E
Should I just convert the 1st efi (GPT) boot partition
to a PMBR, and delete the second efi partition=2E Or is
there a recommended bootmanager I can use to boot multiple
versions of FreeBSD? Windows?

Thank you!

--Chris