Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 23:01:29 +0200
From:      Fredrik Carlen <fredrik.carlen@telia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to make my NIC work

I have a set of old NICs (more preciely two), which I got for free when a pal of
mine scrapped his 486. On Linux they both work under the NE2000-compatible
device driver, but if I choose the same option under UserConfig, the computer
freezes during the following device probe. What am I doing wrong? I have tried
the other drivers, they don't work either...

If I issue dmesg, it says:

"ie0: unknown board_ID: f000"

That's the only thing I can see that could even remotely relate to my card.

The specs for the card are as follows:
Myson MTD900F chip
Name:Ether-16c
/Fredrik <fredrik.carlen@telia.com>