Date:      06 May 2000 04:06:50 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: category for xdrawchem

 * From: Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>

 * On Sat, 6 May 2000, Trevor Johnson wrote:
 *
 * > I'm wondering what the most suitable category would be.  I tried asking
 * > Satoshi Asami, as Will Andrews advised, but received no response.  Does
 * > anyone else have a comment?

Oops, sorry.

 * Yeah, Satoshi needs to finally create that "scientific" category so we can
 * e.g. move all the chemistry ports out of biology :-)
 *
 * This has been discussed and agreed as a good idea at least twice in the
 * past, but nothing ever came of it.

Did we? ;)

That wasn't what I thought.  People were divided among chemistry and
biology (which has a lot of overlap) and I thought scientific is too
broad (astro and math are definitely science, and there's something
called "computer science" too!).

Satsohi