Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 1995 01:58:13 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: xdm (ain't there no-des anymore?)

> I don't know :-) That's why I was asking. If it was that simple (linking
> to libcrypt) I wonder why there have been two versions for such a long time

Naw, what you've REALLY proven to everyone is that you don't read
release notes.. :-)

This is documented in the XFree86 on-line docs:

	Note that there is no longer a separate xdm archive.  FreeBSD 2.0
	and later handles this in shared libraries now, so that the xdm
	binary does not itself contain des and there is no more need for
	us to provide separate tar balls.

PLEASE folks, read the docs! :-( We're so darned busy here that truly
the last thing we need is to have to answer questions again that we've
already gone to great time and trouble to document..  I know our docs
are far from perfect, and believe me, I'm working on them, but what
little we do have SHOULD be read, even if you think you're an expert
who no longer needs to read docs! :)

					Jordan