Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 17:30:25 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
Cc:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, FreeBSD-chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Beta Testers For Applixware?

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 02:41:00PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com> writes:
> > I came on in 2.0 I think.. Whatever the January 1994 disc was..
> > ironically I still have that thing somewhere.. If I remember right
> > it supported my pathetic Sony 2X (CDU33A) attached to the
> > proprietary card.. Memories.. :P
>
> Goes to prove merkins don't know the meaning of the word "irony"...

It is an adjective derived from from the word iron, and means that the
object under discussion has some of the same properties as iron.  E.g,
"The fence is irony" means that the fence is not made of iron, but it
has some properties in common with things made of iron.  "Don't know
the meaning of."  Bah.

Eivind, who just for a moment had to suppress the fact that he is
_not_ an american.  Whoops.