Date:      Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:46:19 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Clone FreeBSD Partition

dick hoogendijk writes:
> On Dec 14 Gary wrote:
> > I'm not aware of an advantage or disadvantage to using dump/restore
> > (except for restoring from tape)
>
> Hmmm, I don't have a tape-unit unfortunately. Always clone to another
> harddive. Not quite sure what you mean right here.

I use dump/restore for doing backups to tape, not for cloning file
systems. ``restore -i'' is nice because it lets the user pick and
choose which files (s)he ( non-sexist :) wants to restore beforehand.
That's what I was thinking of when I wrote the above. And of course,
dump/restore are the standard way to backup file systems to tape in
the *NIX world.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@jennejohn.org gj@freebsd.org gj@denx.de