Date:      Sun, 05 Jul 1998 19:30:59 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Nghia Van Nguyen (Nick)" <nghia@ncat.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dail out: ppp

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to set up my system to allow me to dial out to connect to
> my ISP, but it would seem that the kernel would not dial at all. I have
> try all the Serial ports (cuaa0, cuaa1, etc.) option but it did not get
> me anywhere. If you could give me some hint on how to solve this problem. I
> have attach most of the setting for my system.
[.....]

You didn't say what seems to be the problem.  Do you hear the modem
dialing ?

I suspect the problem in the ppp case is that you've failed to ident
any of the lines - check the man page and see the .sample files.

If this isn't the problem (and you do have the indentation), I'd
suggest you use the `term' command and follow the man page from the
start - step 1, can you actually talk to the modem ?
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;