Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 03:28:29 -0700
From:      Bryan Talbot <btalbot@ucsd.edu>
To:        Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nmap V. 2.3BETA5 causes panic

At 02:43 AM 9/27/99 , Andy Farkas wrote:
>The system will panic with an 'out of mbufs' message when I run the above
>nmap command ("ping scan" a class B subnet - my internal IP network).

I'm no expert but this basic question has been asked many times on this
list recently.  It seems to be a known problem that FreeBSD currently
panics if it runs out of mbufs.  We all wish this wasn't so and maybe
someday it won't be.  Check out these messages for more info:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/search.cgi?words=mbuf+panic&max=25&sort=score&sou
rce=freebsd-stable

-Bryan