Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2019 00:14:00 -0000
From:      "Lizbeth Mutterhunt, Ph.D." <mutterhunt_gesta@yahoo.com>
To:        maksim yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>, "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel-Crash when working with ubt0

On Monday, 26 August 2019 23:35:25 CEST maksim yevmenkin wrote:
> > On Aug 26, 2019, at 9:14 AM, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
> >=20
> > Is it from read_connection_list? If so I have a 'patch' that I'm using =
but
> > haven't committed because it's just too gross: drop the lock before the
> > copyout and pick it up again after...
>=20
> Hmm... interesting....
>=20
> I only took a brief look at it. I suppose I can ensure user space address=
 is
> wired and then copyout() can be called with mutex held
>=20
> It=E2=80=99s odd that I=E2=80=99ve never seen this before. I=E2=80=99m tr=
aveling at the moment will
> take a closer look this later this week
>=20
> Thanks
> Max

Sorry for late reply, suffering on a "VPN-Jetlag".=20

Here's the promised vmcore.o(last)[1] on pastepin. It's not a "mini"-dump a=
t all but a huge=20
skirt up to the heals :-) as it has 360M of text and the editor loads about=
 ten minutes on=20
grandmother's laptop with her 70 years after 36 hours of being online. The =
options are=20
with DEBUG=3D-g and VERBOSE set in the config.=20

With the ubt1, a 2070X stack by Asus it's probably the kernel driver I'd ha=
ve to parse into=20
the kernel as here at linux a quarrel about it is for years systematically =
delaunching "bills=20
driver"; you get the patch as a .zip file on Arch, not as a .deb or .tar.gz=
 or whatever and it=20
must be compiled by hand; after that you'd to reboot and install the A2DP-f=
ix and than you=20
can pray (where ever you want to and think it might help you) with the init=
ial pulseaudio-
connect at boottime (sometimes it just doesn't recognize the adapter) - so =
as a LiLo-
substitute I prefer EFI-Clover not the GRUB-stuff that doesn't work at all =
for BSD for many,=20
many times) and I really don't know how many hours I spent with "sudo bluet=
oothctl" and=20
on kernel builts for this 'Ubitek Magic Box'. =20

Hope someone can think it over, I know it's old hardware but she'd (the lap=
top) to to spend=20
50 mankind-years in bills slavery when I got her finally - probably one of =
the SALVAGED -=20
messages at fsck -y in single mode :-)

So take care of it, it's not the way I normally act to sent guys boxing abo=
ut and for the box=20
but much more than beeing dead can't happen, can it? - This happened to my =
cat "Rambo"=20
who just flew away from me and went straight away under a car - buhuhuhu...=
=2E so far for=20
the revenge thoughts,=20

'svn up' is good at this, subversion is much better than git --diff, which =
really doens't work=20
at all here.=20

Yours,=20
Miranda