Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 1995 12:36:04 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, lyndon@orthanc.com, grog@lemis.de, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is the documentation for ibcs2?

> > You can't get the libraries off the SCO install disk without a lot of
> > work that varies from SVO minor version to minor version.  We're now
> > limited to people who are aware that COFF format IBCS2 binaries are
> > what SCO runs, already own SCO systems, and have SCO on a hard drive
> > somewhere so that they can pull the libraries of an existing system.
> >
> > So lets all spend weeks writing stuff up for this limited audience, right?
>
> The SCO WordPerfect 6.0 I got the other day has both dynamic and *static*
> version.  I suspect that the audience may be wider than you make it out to
> be.

Install process for WP, please?

Note that with IBCS2 installed at all, static binaries "just work".

For installing IBCS2 for use by static binaries, the procedure is
saying "yes" when it asks if you want it to run be default when
you install FreeBSD, or andswering "no" and reading the source code.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.