Date:      Sat, 09 Jan 1999 21:27:26 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FICL and setting BTX variables

Hi

I've been playing with the new boot blocks and I am trying to extend the
example menu code so that I can boot different kernels from different drives.

However, I can't work out what the voodoo is to set BTX (I think) variables
from with ficl. I need to set curdev based upon which drive I want to boot
from, the example code below falls over.

        /usr/share/examples/.../menu.4th ...
                dup 49 = if
                        drop
                        1 25 at-xy cr
                        set num_ide_disks=1
                        set curdev=disk2s1a:
                        boot
                then

I tried a few of the obvious things like
  s" disk2s1a constant curdev
but it doesn't work.

Once I get it working I'll submit my menu's as another example. Thanks

Duncan

PS. FWIW /boot/loader seems to load my 2.2.6 kernels fine.

---