Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:57:30 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: raplayer- realaudio

Christoph Kukulies:
 |On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 11:34:56PM -0500, Randall Hopper wrote:
 |> Randall Hopper:
 |>  | |- Is there a realaudio player for FreeBSD?
 |>  | |
 |>  | |- I found some v3b2a_freebsd.tar.Z in my collection which
 |>  | |  gives 'bad address' when I try to start the binary.
 |>  | |  Is there an update for this somewhere?
 |>  |
 |>  |I have an old v 3.x version of raplayer for FreeBSD and one for Linux.
 |>  |Both work, though they used to work better with older versions of FreeBSD.
 |>  |There are occasional pauses in audio tracks.
 |>  |
 |>  |However, I also have RealPlayer G2 v6.0 for Linux installed.  It plays
 |>  |audio .ra's much better, and does .ra video clips as well.
 |
 |Is it a package/port?

Yes.  Though, checking freebsd.org, I see their port is for linux v5
(audio/linux-realplayer).  I don't know if they downgraded the port or
what.

I just copied this package over from my 3.2-R installation a week ago, so
it's been a while since I originally installed it.  Maybe I hacked up the
/var/db/pkg files to keep track of it, but I don't think so.

Check the mail archives for RealPlayerG2.

Also, here are the +DESC package contents for the RealPlayerG2-6.0 port I
have installed:

   RealPlayer G2player-6.0-0.99051701 for Linux

   WWW: http://www.real.com/products/player/linux.html

Randy