Date:      Sun, 25 Dec 1994 12:57:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Jeff Mitchell <skeezix@io.org>
Cc:        Robert Floyd <floyd@savant.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCPIP over the Parallel Port

On Sun, 25 Dec 1994, Jeff Mitchell wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Dec 1994, Robert Floyd wrote:
>
> > I work for Savant Software Inc. We write device drivers.  We have
> > parallel port drivers for OS/2 and DOS that make the parallel port a
> > virtual network adapter.  I would like to get the interface specs to
> > to TCPIP Parallel so that we could connect a BSD box to an OS/2 box.
>
> 	Doesn't OS/2/Warp do this already? It has a SLIP(-for-newbies)
> interface and software. The machine is pingable (although by default no
> ftpd or telnetd or thelike is provided (or possible?))

Way I understand it, there is more than one implementation of TCPIP over
parallel ports, and they're not intercompatible.  I think he needs to get
hold of Poul Henning-Kamp, didn't he write it?

> 	Jeff

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (soon Freebsd 2.0) and
(301) 459-2316              | n3lxx (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1)