Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 1996 00:22:22 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        wjw@IAEhv.nl (Willem Jan  Withagen), freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SAMBA and OS/2

: We're running Samba in the office connected to Win95 and Win 3.11 with
: great satisfaction. But I'm more of a OS/2 addict for my personal
: workstation.

: Has anybody setup Warp Connect to connect to a Samba server?
: What things do I have to click, drag, push and pull? Note, that I'm not
: into Net...., Novell, and that stuff. TCP/IP has been sufficient for me.
: But OS/2 NFS uses insecure ports, and we don't allow those.

 I'm really straining to see the relevance of this post to
 freebsd-questions, since isn't really a freebsd issue at all,
 but a samba one.  Perhaps you should try the samba lists next
 time for samba questions.

 Regardless, the answer is yes it will work, just set Os/2 Warp
 to use NetBIOS over TCP/IP as its transport protocol.

 Also check out the Samba FAQ and docs for any probs using
 with Os/2 (there used to be a browsing problem that required
 you to manuall "NET USE" on Os/2)

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds