Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 02:22:52 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        dg@root.com, freebsd-smp@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: sys/i386/isa isa.c

Peter Wemm wrote:
> Steve Passe wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > peter       97/04/21 07:07:55
> > >
> > >   Modified:    i386/isa  isa.c
> > >   Log:
> > >   Attempt to repair the recently broken code for AUTO_EOI_1 and AUTO_EOI_
    2
> > >   in non-APIC mode.  This kind of thing is important before we can merge
> > >   back into -current.
> >
> > I am assumming I broke this, guessing that those AUTO_EOI defs in default_i
    rq
>     ()
> > were NOT my invention as my memory said, but part of the original code...
> > I will be able to recvsup in an hour or two and see just what I stomped...
>
> Yeah.. :-)  AUTO_EOI_[12] are long-standing features from the UP kernel.

Which I should mention, AUTO_EOI_1 is thought to work on all systems, but
AUTO_EOI_2 is thought to not work on a good number of systems.  I seem to
have crossed wires somewhere thought, I thought AUTO_EOI_1 was turned on
by default quite some time ago, but it doesn't seem that way in the code.
Perhaps it was done on the 2.1 branch only or something.  DG, are you
listening? :-)  Do you remember anything about this?

> Cheers,
> -Peter

Cheers,
-Peter