Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:28:36 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Michael Kenneth Henry" <mhenry@black.ug.cs.usyd.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Free Software Award

Hi all,

	The Free Software Foundation is asking for nominations for
the 1999 Free Software Award. See http://www.gnu.org/award/award.html
for more info.

I'm going to nominate Jordan Hubbard :)

Here's some of the info from the aforementioned page:

Any kind of activity could be eligible--writing software, writing
documentation, publishing CDs, even journalism--but whatever the
activity, we want to recognize long-term central contributions to
the development of the world of free software. "Accord with the spirit"
means, for example, that software, manuals or collections of them
(on tape or CD) must be entirely free. (Once again, that's free as
in freedom; see our philosophy on selling free software) Work done
commercially is eligible, but we want to give awards to individuals,
not companies.

Please send your nominations to award-nominations@gnu.org, on or
before October 8. Please put the name of the person you are nominating
in the message subject.

Please include an explanation of the work the person has done and why
you think it is especially important--but no more than 40 lines long.
Also please state where to find the software which your nomination is
based on.