Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:56:27 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Alexis Yushin <alexis@dawn.ww.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   "black" interfaces list

Greetings,

	Imagine we have FreeBSD based ip router. There is a number
of interfaces with different addresses, from different networks with
different routing policy. (The boldest example is p2p interface with
reserved addresses assigned for its ends)

	Now, the default behaviour is to originate packets with
ip_src equal to the address of the interface the packets leave the
system via. In case of reserved address such packets wont get
anywhere, whilst packets originated from other systems (being routed)
will find their destination just fine.

	The idea is very simple and I could be out of date on this
issue, so please let me know if I am. So, we would have "black" list
of interfaces for which packets should have another source ip address.
Probably it could be built into the ifconfig mechanism. Comments?

								alexis
--
		I may be drunk but at least I'm not insane.