Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 14:54:32 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        Ying-Chieh Liao <ijliao@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>, Roman Ramirez <roman.ramirez@0z0ne.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: about jdk native

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Ying-Chieh Liao wrote:

> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:10:06 -0700, David Schultz wrote:
> > ...  Due to licensing issues, there
> > is presently no *binary* release (perhaps that's what you meant), and
> > I don't know the status of that.
>
> Is there any idea about install jdk without linux-emu ?
> jdk13 is "build-depend" on linux-jdk :<

Like the man said: work is ongoing to produce a binary release of the
JDK for freebsd. The licensing requirements make compatability testing
to gain this somewhat difficult; until that work is completed, there
won't be a binary package of JDK available for freebsd.

The gory details are in the archives for -java; if you want to help out,
I'm sure they'll welcome the effort :-)

Ever see something and think, "I've gotta leverage me some of that?"
Odds are, you were looking at a synergy and didn't even know it.