Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 1997 04:58:04 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Jason McKay <jmckay@argo.net.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disconnecting after PPP

> I have just got PPP going on our FreeBSD machine for dial-in users.
> Everything appears to be working ok, apart for two things:
>
> 1.  The BSD box is not routing onto our LAN, the PPP users can only access
> the BSD box and nothing else.

Make sure "gateway" is set to YES in /etc/rc.conf (or /etc/sysconfig)
and set the dialing side up so that it makes your FreeBSD box its
default route.

> 2. If the user is using PPP and drops carrier, the user remains logged on.
> How do I stop this from happening.

Hmmm, there should be no problems here.  I'd suggest putting some
diagnostics in ModemTimeout() in modem.c - this function checks
carrier on the modem.  I'm assuming you're cabled properly.

Failing this, you can always "enable LQR".

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.org>;