Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:03:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Curtis Wilbar [STAFF]" <curtis@ici.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   bootable cd q

Can anyone point me to a website, ftpsite, etc that would detail
how to make a freebsd bootable cd-rom ?  I've found info on mkisofs
and in general how it works, but I'm looking for freebsd specific
info (i.e. how to make a bootable cd from the downloaded images/etc).

I'd appreciate any info you could provide.

I'm not subscribed to freebsd-hackers (yet :-) ), so please reply
off list, or if you want the response to the list too, cc me, so I
it as well :-)

In the process of disecting how my freebsd 2.2.6 and 2.2.8 cds boot,
I've wondered about how to loopback mount a file that contains a filesystem
(either a ufs or cd9660 image).  In linux they have a loopback filesystem
device.  I have been unable to find out how to do this under freebsd 2.2.6.
Anyone have any info on that ?

Thanks in advance,

  -- Curt

curtis@ici.net