Date:      Tue, 08 May 2001 13:01:26 -0500
From:      Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help on a Check List to protect FreeBSD 3.2

Hello all.

I was wondering if any of you have a check list that would like to share
about how to secure FreeBSD 3.2.

- I'm running APACHE and MYSql there Only.
- No other users have FTP access there since the sites allocated there are
of our company or from company that only want the web space but we have to
make the updates directly.
- My scrips are on a directory outside the web area and nobody except me
have access there.

I have not had problems yet but with all the wave of attacks I'd like to be
sure.

How can I disable ports that I'm not using? I only have web services and
nothing else.
Any other advices?

Thanks in advance,

JB