Date:      11 May 1997 10:49:00 GMT
From:      "Nickolay N. Dudorov" <nnd@info.itfs.nsk.su>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cx(4) anybody?

J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:
> Hiya,

> is anybody using the cx(4) (Cronyx HDLC) driver, together with sync
> PPP?

	It seems to me that the situation with this driver
in FreeBSD is not so normal ;-)

	Authors of hardware (Cronyx Sigma adapters) long ago
have commited driver in FreeBSD and "forget about it" ...
They have now new version of this driver (with some preliminary
Frame Relay support even) on their Web. page (www.cronyx.ru).

	As I can see support of this driver in compilable
and even working state was done by some generous people but
not by authors ;-(

	May be your interest to their software can change
the situation now ?

	N.Dudorov

P.S. Yes, I use cx driver with sync PPP now in FreeBSD-2.2
of about august 1996 with some patches from author's version
of about december 1996 and this is even my base link to
Internet and due to that reason I can not test your possible
patches for 3.0 or even 2.2-CURRENT ;-(